Image Map

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Blueprint

Happy Hump Day!

This morning on my way to work I was listening to the radio. I listen to this uplifting station (98.5 KTIS) and they were talking about this scripture:

"A man's heart deviseth his ways, but the Lord directeth his steps." - Proverbs 16:9


It stuck with me. There are a lot of things that are exciting in my life right now. Some things are changing and some things are shifting. Somethings are new, some old things are going away. It's a new season in my life and I am happy. It's all working toward the good of my future. 
Yet, I find myself trying to map out the blueprint sometimes. 
Instead of letting Jesus be the guide.


Have you ever done this?

Honestly, I think everyone should have answered yes.
 Well, if you're anything like me, you said yes. That controlling nature tried to sneak up in me and wanted to start doing and making moves without being led. 
You know the feeling, you get good news about something, and then you start mapping out the future. Talking about what you're going to do in a month, in six months, in a year. 
But what about tomorrow?


I was watching this documentary about Joan Rivers' life and they mentioned a time when someone was having dinner with her and Richard Pryor and their management, I think. The manager was talking about what they were going to have Richard Pryor do in a a year, in two years and so on and so forth. Mapping out and planning out his ways. And Richard said, 

"I get all that, but what about Monday?"


It was interesting to me, because I believe that God has been showing me in the slightest ways that I need Him to direct my steps every day. And that will lead me to the ultimate goal and destination of where I need to be. I know this to be true because I have tried to direct myself to places and ended up walking in circles. 
I have to take this mindset of walking each day one step at a time by His guidance. Now, I am not saying it is not good to plan ahead! It is very good to do so, but be led in your steps that you take. When we jump into situations based on emotion and adrenaline, that can and will lead us into dangerous situations. Trust me, I've been there. God already has a plan worked out, that I don't even have to do the work to get. He loves me enough to gift it to me. So, I've got to take what He has for me. And its more beautiful than anything I could ever come up with. So I'm taking Proverbs 16:9 to heart and I hope you do, too!
Plaid Shirt - Lucky Brand - Thrifted
Blue Skinny Jeans - Gap
Brown Booties - Gift from my Mom
Black Crossbody Purse - Liz Claiborne - Thrifted
Gold Necklace - Thrifted

On a different note - you know how yesterday I raved about my awesome thrift finds within the past week? I am featuring two of them today, the purse and the plaid shirt! Both for a total of $10! What a steal! Do you thrift? Have you had any luck lately?

Have a great day!

- J

14 comments:

  1. Very cute outfit and you are SO pretty! I really enjoy reading your blog; I read it all the time. You are very encouraging and uplifting. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, that's so encouraging to hear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit! I have the same booties they are so comfortable.


    Stay Kinky, Stay Curly, Stay You
    kinkycurlyme.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you? That's cool, I like them so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this inspirational post! Your outfit is so cute - love the plaid shirt and the booties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Lana! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your booties, they are adorable!

    xoxo
    Oby Grace
    http://ispyoby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this message. I resonated with me today, and it is fitting for what is going on in the lives of my husband and I.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicki - So glad this could help you! Thank you so much for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this beautiful post! Letting Him take the lead is so tough, but He never fails us!


    Thanks for linking up with me at Tucker Up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful message. Love the look, especially the boots!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and comments with me!