Image Map

Monday, September 22, 2014

Sugarhill Boutique

Happy Monday!








Midnight Tree Dress c/o Sugarhill Boutique - Find it here
Black Booties - similar here
Gold/Black chain purse - borrowed, similar here,  here and here
Cross necklace - F21
Bangle - Thrifted

How was your weekend?
Mine was filled with friends and family, as I met up with a couple friends for dinner on Friday and we celebrated my oldest sister's birthday on Saturday. It was also beautiful out, despite later rain, so I got to get together with Aisha and take a few fashion shots for the blog. 

I got this lovely dress from Sugarhill Boutique, and its totally my style. There's something about that type of rocker-esq edginess that this dress brings, that I had to play up on it. I am still in the market for a biker jacket, or that is definitely what I would have paired it with. Or fringe, you know I'm loving fringe right now. (DIY to come!!) And of course I had to pair it with my fave cross necklace right now! Which remind me of a couple things - one the By Faith Accessories giveaway has ended and a winner has been chosen! Alexandria, I have reached out to you on details for your prize. All who entered, remember you have one week left to grab a pretty piece from By Faith Accessories and get 15% off, her items are priced to sell - so check them out! (Link in the left sidebar).

Also, I was at target and a cashier was saying how much she enjoyed this necklace. She began to tell me that her teenage daughter received a letter from her high-school that they are not allowed to wear anything that has a cross on it! It makes me think back to the days where we used to pledge allegiance to the flag as a nation under God, and how far away it we have become. Crosses are on everything nowadays and it was more of a fashion statement, but pretty cool for those of us that love Christ and love what they stand for. 

What do you think? 

Hope you all have a great day!

- J

13 comments:

  1. Your right about wearing crosses these days, the true is so in UK, I hadn't realised this was the case also in the US. It's so sad. Anyway, your dress is lovely, I love the print. You look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Love your blog so far. Found you on the linkup with Oak & Oaks and The Wetherills Say I Do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gennie, thank you so much! Thanks for visiting as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My weekend wasn't so good. :(

    It is so sad that some schools aren't allowing crosses being worn. That is so wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the Let's Be Friends Blog Hop. Not everyone can pull off a printed dress like that, but you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your weekend! I hope the week gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erin! I'm in love with it! Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the design on that shirt.
    And those shoes ... <3

    Ruth,
    www.roothless-xo.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and comments with me!