Image Map

Sunday, January 26, 2014

In Love.

Happy Sunday!

This has been my view everytime I plan to log on and blog. 
I love it. 
In fact, I'm in love. 

I love being a mommy. 
I love looking at her and trying to figure out who she looks like more.
I love spending time cuddling her. 
I love knowing that this awesome gift from God was given to me to protect and care for. 
I love how close me and A are becoming because of it. 
I love how she is motivation to conquer the world. 


I love how I snap a new photo of her each day and pick out the differences from the day before. 
I love how I can hold her to my chest, and she just knows I'm Mama. 

The other night Jesus led me into John  chapters 15 & 16. I believe He led me there for a few different reasons. He continued to let it ring in my heart, whatsoever I shall ask in my Father's name He will give it to me. It brought me back to before baby L was born, and how I really did want a family. It was something that was hidden in my heart that I had asked for, and God allowed it to become a reality for us. Oh, how He is faithful!

He also showed me another verse that resonated with me, based on the recent events. Jesus was explaining to His disciples that He was going to leave, and that they would experience sorrow when He died, but their sorrow would turn to joy when He rose and lived! 

He compares it to a woman who goes into labor and has sorrow, but as soon as the baby is delivered she forgets about the suffering and is filled with joy for the new life that has come into the world! This seems to be the norm for most mommies, as it always seems like no one really tells you how things will be - perhaps we truly forget the pain we endured because we are filled with joy and love as soon as we see the new baby!!

Baby L's birth story was no simple task, but it could have been worse. I was unsure about sharing the story, but after hearing a few of you ask for it - it seems you are interested enough for me to share! So, look forward to seeing that sometime this week :)

So, what do you think?
Any mommies out there relate to this scripture? 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! 




12 comments:

  1. Your story is so beautiful! I cannot wait to hear through your blog! Layla is such a beautiful blessing- I cannot wait for more of her! Love ya lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! the last time i visited your blog you hadn't delivered yet. congrats!!!! praise God from whom all blessings flow. your daughter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and amen! So happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is BEAUTIFUL. You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is absolutely perfect, and I'm not biased at all! I love you all and know that you are going to be WONDERFUL parents! Little Miss Layla will be spoiled beyond measure. She IS a gift from Jesus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you describe your love for your new baby girl! I just found out this weekend what I'm having and it seems so much more real. I can't wait to experience what you have now! Baby L is beautiful! Looking forward to reading more about your journey of motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore this post. Your happiness in being a mother makes me smile.

    Congrats mama she is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness... what a beautiful little peanut! I could eat her up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg she is sooooooo adorable! She looks like a doll. I always wanted a girl but it doesn't look like that is happening lol. She is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your little girl is beautiful! i wouldn't be blogging if i had her in my arms either!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and comments with me!