Happy Hump Day!
Black Crop Jacket - Thrifted $5!
Peach Collared Shirt - Heartbreaker
Blue Denim Jeans - Nordstrom Rack (?)
Black Fringe Booties - Gift from Mom
Gold Fringe Necklace - Len Druskin
I hope the middle of the week brings you joy! I almost drove myself crazy yesterday and it deserves to be shared. I am happy with my life and where it is right now, but how many of you can relate to feeling antsy about something? I've been super antsy with what ifs about the future, that its driving me to not appreciate the present. I found myself starting to have a shorter fuse, starting to be paranoid about thinking others were trying to hold me back or upset me. I started to doubt and get upset and impatient about my present state. Taking on the I want it now attitude! Or the I don't care about anything right now because I just want to make it already! Or the if this person does this or that, I'm just done with everything!
Have you ever felt that?
God stopped me right in the middle of my doubting, pessimistic thoughts. Gave me a pep talk right there and then - when I really needed it, and it helped!
I am sharing 7 ways to uplift yourself when your waiting, when you feel wronged, or just having a bad day. I want you to know you can keep trekking and enjoy your present status so you can truly appreciate your future. I am hoping these will help you today!
1. Respect the Process.You have to be able to work in someone else's yard, before you can truly appreciate your own. We live in an "I want it now" world, where everything is basically at your fingertips. The one thing that we cannot control is our future. Put in good works today, and reap the benefits of them tomorrow. But appreciate and learn today. Tomorrow will come and it will be well worth the wait. Getting antsy and jumping the gun, is the first step to being led astray and becoming distracted with the situation at hand. It will pass, but you need to understand there is a process to it all and in this process you are gaining something, where you see it yet or not.
-1 Peter 2:19-23
2. Have compassion for others.This is by far one of the hardest, but most important. We are supposed to love our brother, no matter what. Even when we feel like they're critiquing us, putting too much on us, or their being just plain ol' mean. But putting ourselves in our neighbors shoes for a few minutes allows us to see things from another point of view, even if we don't agree or like it - we can try to bridge the gap in understanding their actions. This helps us to let go of hurt and strife, and focus on love - which is the greatest Kingdom principle.
3. Take responsibility for your feelings.We get worked up and upset, or sad, but then we forget that we can choose our emotions. Those nasty things hit us really hard and although it may seem impossible, you've done it before and you can do it again. Take control by telling yourself "I can look for the good in this situation." And really do that, look for the good - it's there somewhere. I've told myself many times, "Okay Jena, pull yourself together!" I've made myself believe a different perspective, even when I really didn't believe it - ex:"They did not intentionally mean to hurt your feelings.This will help you realize that no matter who is right or wrong - its up to you to determine how you are going to choose to deal with it. Don't let your feelings rule over you or be your excuse for po.
4. Think on good things.Your coffee was spectacular this morning! Yay, you got a good score on your assignment! You have a loving family! You are alive to see another beautiful day that many are not seeing right now! Being happy over the little things and celebrating little wins help to build you up bit by bit.
5. Take advantage of 'Now'.Taking your eyes off of the situation or distraction, and placing it back on God will do more than help you, He'll likely show you the tasks that still need to be done before you get where you are trying to do. Sometimes we want to get the big promotion, but we do not have experience in doing presentations, or managing others. Taking this time that you are waiting, to test out and try out opportunities around you will help you prepare for your future, and in the same moment forget about the antsy things that are bothering you. Making a decision to continue your good works, even if things are taking longer than usual, will help you in the long run. Keeping your focus on Christ and he will lead you to where you need to go today.
6. Give.It is so important to be charitable. Giving is not only a Kingdom principle to God - it is a feel good booster. It always makes you feel better to do something for someone else, to help a person in need, to volunteer your time to building another person up. It not only helps you to boost your mood, but it also helps someone else and guess what? You are no longer thinking about all of those things you were so antsy about before. If you decided each day to write down something you must do for someone that day and just put your focus there, it would be amazing to see what you could accomplish. Try it.
7. Dress for the future.I don't know about you, maybe its being a fashion blogger - but something about a good outfit makes me beam. No lie, when I get up and get dressed and feel like I look great, I feel great. When you are feeling down, the worst thing you can do is lounge around in sweats all day, or roll out of bed. Although, its hard it will be a huge mood boost for you in a troubled time because its hard to have a bad attitude when you feel so good :) We also want to dress ourselves with good qualities and thoughts each day. Putting on an "I can do all things" smile, will not only help you feel good but it will make you begin to believe what you are saying - win/win!
-Ephesians 4:22-24; Phillipians 4:13
I hope these were a help to you and continue to help you along your way!
Have a great day!
More Pieces of Me + On the Daily Express, Join The Gossip + I Have A Degree In This, Pink Sole + Cha Cha The Fashion Genius, The Fashionista Momma, Style Elixir, The Glossy Blonde,Walking in Memphis in High Heels, I Do DeClaire, Life’s a Party Dress Like It, Sew Crafty Angel Monday Bloom, Style to Inspire , Beautiful You, Week's End , Monday Bloom, Style Sessions , Trend Spin, I feel pretty, What I Wore, Tucker Up, Your Whims Weds, Tre Chic, Working Girl Working Style,, Stylish Saturday, Mix it Mondays,, Stylish Tuesdays, Transatlantic Blonde, Stylin in St Louis, WWIW, Hump Day, thrifting Divas What Wives Wear