Image Map

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Can't change your circumstance? Here's ONE thing you CAN change...

Happy Hump-Day!







Polka dots sweater - Thrifted! $7!
Black cut offs - H&M a few seasons ago
Brown Scarf - I have had it for quite a few years, I believe I got it from a local spot Heartbreaker
Fringe Booties - 'Gift' from my mom
Bangle - Thrifted!

Yesterday, I was going about my morning when all of a sudden it hit me that I should spend time worshiping God. My morning drive I devoted to just thinking of him, singing unto him and asking him about things in life. 

And one of the first things he showed me in those moments was that sometimes we get so bogged down with our current circumstance. Right now, there are some things I wish I could change. I can't too much about it here, but let's just say it involves a promotion of some kind. I am realizing that the more that I try to work at it, the more I struggle with not having it. 

But yesterday morning, Jesus so graciously showed me that there is one thing that I can change if I can't change my circumstance. One thing that will help me to see things differently, one thing that will propel me further into where my path is headed. 

How many of us want to be propelled? I know, I do. I want to be thrusted so far forward, everything in my past, everything that has held me back, all the negativity will be so far behind me that I can only view it with binoculars! 

So what could this one thing be? Your attitude. Your "negative nancy, nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I guess I'll go eat worms", attitude... Your "I'll never be the best, I'll never get chosen, It'll never happen" attitude. Your "I'm not going to help others, I'll just take a backseat until I get my way, the way they do things around here will never work", attitude. Your "I don't like my job, I don't like my coworkers" attitude. Your he/she will never change, why even try, nobody understands me" attitude.

Can you feel the baggage and weight in that paragraph? Whoa. 
So how do you change your attitude?

Jesus was always effective and made an impact. He never showed up or left anywhere without being that way. He was always willing and understood the importance of being that way. Become effective. Jesus showed me that you should never ever leave a situation, a position, or anything you are involved with without making a difference. When it is announced you are moving on, people should really feel that you have impacted their lives in some way. That could be with how you implemented change, or how you were just a light to those who needed a shoulder, or how you helped out others in need, so on and so forth. But through it all, be humble. Don't boast about the things you are doing, do them as if no one is watching.

Think of those people who have made an impact in your life. 
How did they impact you?
How can you change your attitude today and be effective in your current situation?
I would love to hear your thoughts and comments below. 

If you twitter let's start a conversation with hashtag #YourAttitudeMatters
I will be on throughout the day to discuss and will be giving motivating words to those who need them! 


37 comments:

  1. LOVE your style! :)

    http://neatly-packaged.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this outfit especially your top x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, attitude is everything! And that sweater is seriously so cute. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your jumper, you look lovely!
    Your attitude definitely makes a difference, a positive attitiude can have such an impact on how things go and what you get out of a situation :)

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really can impact everything! Thanks for sharing your thoughts Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the polka dot sweater! People have been constantly encouraging to me and my husband through the toughest of times. The hardest part was not having a place to live and temporarily living with friends because we couldn't afford housing. It was so hard to hear everything would work out then when all they were giving us was words but not support. In the end I see that was all we needed, God provided us amazing friends that housed us and our pets for 1.5 months while we got back on our feet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post :) You're right, your attitude can make all the difference!
    I'm loving this outfit by the way, love the polka dot jumper x

    Telina | Love, Telina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outfit is darling. Love the polka dots. Now. Onto the real meaning for the post. Attitude is everything. And I have been thinking about that a lot lately. The baggage is only baggage when you make it so. Put your love and effort into the things that make you happy and anything can be better. Thank you so much for sharing this today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those fringe booties are SO CUTE!! LOVE!! Your whole look is just lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your outfit is so cute Jenna. I love the double shades of Cognac. Such a great 2-tone Monochrome look. The sweater and booties are My Favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I would say you have a great support system on your side! That's amazing that God showed you His love through your friends! :) He's awesome. Thanks for sharing this story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very true, we do make things baggage when we give them our attention we give them weight. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Deidre!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Em! Thank you so much, I am in love with fringe. I am working on a fringe DIY for the blog this month, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ada! Thank you so much for your kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun outfit!! Jealous of your thrift store finds! I feel like I always strike out when I go thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carrie @ Curly Crafty MomOctober 8, 2014 at 10:41 PM

    Those fringe booties! Oh, I want! Such a beautiful fall outfit with neutral colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Although I take it from another point of view, what you say is absolutely true, to achieve your goals and change the world around you the best tool is your own attitude!!!
    take on everyday with a smile and strong determination! I wish that you will achieve what you are striving for!!
    xx
    Alice|Alice's Beauty Madness

    PS. love the outfit

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with you, attitude is everything! :) You look great by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mandy, its a good time to go in transition periods when people are going through their old clothes and donating more!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Alice - thank you so much! You are right, you should take on each day with a smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am loving that scarf. I am so excited that scarf season is here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute outfit! I love the post on attitude, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that sweater! Such a cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Same here Erica! Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for joining our Thrift Sisters Link Up Party! That polka dot sweater is such a classic look. I hope I can score one like it very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and comments with me!