Image Map

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

5 Activities You Must Do With Your Littles This October


\
Happy October! 

What!?
Can you believe it's October already? Where did the time fly? October brings a lot of feelings to me. I get super excited because it starts off the holiday season with Halloween. But I also start to feel something inside. Its a small thought that keeps peeping its head around the corner. It's almost a new year! Ahh! Enough, I can't think about it anymore. I need to focus on the month at hand, and all of its goodness. 

In fact, I have got an October series coming your way. The first is for your littles. Now that I've got an 8 month old, I've come up with 5 activities you must do with your little one this October!

One. Walk through crunchy leaves! Ok, you think I'm nuts. But truth is I cannot wait to get baby Grace out in her cute fall jacket and see how she reacts to leaves. I have a good prediction it will involve trying to put them in her mouth, but you better believe I am going to snap a few photos as keepsakes for her first fall. This is free and makes for great memories!

Two. Take them to a live music event! Ok, so every time baby Grace hears music, she stops and listens. I even catch her trying to sing along with the music on the car ride home. Imagine my excitement that Yo Gabba Gabba Live is coming to town this month! Being surrounded by other littles and listening to music = big win!

Three. Arrange a playdate to go pumpkin picking. Ok, this is a definite must do this month. But when your baby is so little sometimes we tend to think that they wouldn't be interested in things like picking out a pumpkin. And you are probably not too far off. I know baby Grace isn't going to pick out just one pumpkin - she'd get her hands on all of them if she could! However, a day at the farm with another little friend and both of them playing in the leaves, trying to drum on a pumpkin couldn't get any better! I'd totally do it for her.

Four. Visit the zoo for its fall activities! I have been trying to get A to go on a day trip to the MN Zoo since before baby Grace was here, He wouldn't go, said he'd wait until we had kids. I was so pumped when I found out our local zoo does an event for October called "Howlzooween." They have a hay maze, animal petting with "creepy" animals, story time, face painting, live music and so on! This would be a perfect family day or an awesome time with other little friends. Look into what your local zoo may offer, October is a great time for them to host kid activities, so don't miss out!

Five. Host a Halloween party for your little and other babies their age. Ok, this is by far my favorite. Baby Grace is too small to enjoy the fun of trick-or-treating, but that doesn't mean she can't enjoy Halloween. Pick out a costume (or two, or three) and invite all your little's friends over for 2 hours or so. Come up with activities that they will enjoy - like a festive squeaky toy, sitting in a circle rolling a ball to each other, or simply putting their favorite toys in a circle for them all to enjoy. Any way you slice it, baby will have a blast. And mommies can enjoy an apple cider while chasing after their littles, win-win!

That's all I have for now!
Check back for more posts on October activities, the next one will be date-night related!

Have you ever tried any of these with your littles? 
How did they turn out?
How will you celebrate October?

- J

Follow me: Facebook || Instagram || Twitter || Pinterest || Bloglovin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and comments with me!