Image Map

Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday's Ramblings: #BeTrueBeYou

Happy Friday!

Thank you for your overwhelming response to my post, here, about me finding my true self, and just trying to be me. I find it sometimes difficult to stay true to yourself the way the world is now. So often our time is filled with looking at others through social media, television, and so on. We don't realize how often we are constantly comparing ourselves. Even in the smallest ways. The way we mother, the way we speak, the way we act and carry relationships with others all plays back to what we're fed. 

Man, We see what others are doing and instead of feeling confident in what we have to offer this world, we relish on that person, their abilities and start to take a disinterest in what we were purposed for. We find faults in our own work, we doubt ourselves, our abilities, until we are in a mode of stuck.

Put two people in a room and tell them to think about the same topic or jot down the first thing that comes to mind when you spit out a word and guarantee their ideas and thoughts will be different. They may even come up with similar concepts, but different words to say them and that is such a precious treasure that we must capture. We are not supposed to be just like our neighbor, or even like our parents or siblings.

I remember finding myself dwelling on how my raspy singing voice would never be like Beyonce's and my shape would probably never imitate her's either. I bottled up my voice, stuck it in a box and didn't look it for quite a few years. I always dabbled in graphic art and I loved it. When I didn't go to school for it or continue working with it, I felt like I was an imposter if I tried to do any art because I had seen other's work and our works were not the same. I looked at other's interpretation of art and figured because I wasn't practicing mine, that my talent was gone. I wasn't singing so the vocals were lost. 

But, Christ, man. 
He's amazing. He is truly the reason I am so open and willing to share my heart with yal. Through Him I have found my true identity and I am no longer afraid to just be me. So in keeping constant from my message this week, I was working on this print and I wanted to share it with you. It's more my style and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. In fact, I don't really care if you don't because I love it and its so me, that I may just print a few off and hand them out to people just to see a smile on their face from the message. :) I am going to be working on building up a portfolio and hope to start a small shop with these and possibly some stationary, because I just love this stuff man. You are the first ones I am sharing this with so I hope you understand where I am coming from and join in the movement of #betruebeyou


Hope you have a great weekend!

Follow me: Facebook || Instagram || Twitter || Pinterest || Bloglovin 


4 comments:

  1. Very nice! Beautiful colors, layout and love the smudging. Definitely etsy worthy girl. Love your post as usual, always inspirational.

    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you for sharing, babe! :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and comments with me!