Image Map

Monday, July 21, 2014

Paralyzed by Perfection

Happy Monday!


Hope the week is starting out great for you. 
For me it was a hassle getting over Sunday, but I accomplished getting to work this morning so that deserves a pat on the back. In fact, everyone pat yourself on the back if you have made it to your destination for the day. It took a lot of pushing to get you out of that bed this morning and on your way. Oh, and don't forget to thank our creator for the chance to see another beautiful day!

This past week I became extremely inspired about a project I have been working on since the beginning of this year. I cannot wait to share it with you all! Anywho, Yes, I became super inspired and enlightened on this project again. How many of you have ever taken a break from something you are working on, and when you pick it back up you have fresh new eyes to see things a bit more clearly? Well, that is exactly what happened to me. This project is something that I have been trying to make perfect before anyone can lay eyes on it, dotting my i's crossing my t's to ensure that everything goes off with a hitch. 

But does that ever work? 
I mean truly, how often do you plan for something and everything goes according to your plan? 
Almost never. 

At least not according to my plan, but always according to God's plan. (Proverbs 16:9) I recently experienced it with my wedding. Everything was planned at its proper time and those times went right out the window come D-Day. LOL Truth is, although the day came out beautiful and better than we could have imagined, our plans had little to do with the magic. 


So the other day, I was talking to Jesus. Literally driving and thinking, discussing the fact that sometimes we want things to be so perfect that it can paralyze us. I had put this project on hold because I became so involved in every minuscule detail that I was losing focus on the purpose for this project. God put this in my heart to do it and He told me that I needed to get back to the purpose and everything else will fall in line.  

It amazes me how our ideas of perfection can put us in a position where we never move because things are not as 'picture perfect' as we think they ought to be. I have seen very talented individuals sit on their talents because they are waiting for the perfect timing, or they want every little detail to be the best one out there when in reality our idea of perfection is not truly what makes something authentic and exciting for the ones we are trying to make it perfect for.

 How many of us know someone who can sing better than the winner on American Idol, or knows how to design and sew better than the Project Runway All-Stars?
 Or even someone that can cook an amazing meal comparable to a top-chef? 


They might not all want to relish and bask in the fruits of their talents, but for those that dream and want to and are doing nothing because they think they are not good enough and not perfect enough - you are doing nothing more than being a hindrance to yourself and your future.   

"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace"
-1 Peter 4:10

I am not saying just go out there with absolutely nothing in order, but I am saying take a leap when things are not as picture perfect as you may have wanted them, with experience they will get better. Expect and accept shortfalls. That is how you learn. 
Embrace mistakes, that is where you grow.
 And trust the process and experience. 
It has been developed by an almighty God who has it already figured out. 

Start Where You Are
Use What You Have
Do What You Can
-Arthur Ashe

I hope this inspires you the way I have been inspired this week. Don't sit on your gifts, embrace them. Get out there and do something! 

Follow me: Facebook || Instagram || Twitter || Pinterest || Bloglovin 

3 comments:

  1. This is where I am in so many ways right now. My blogs, I sit on posts forever because something's just not right yet in my mind. My upcoming marriage, difficulties abound. I'm a divorced mother. I left my ex-husband because my children were in danger, but that meant my new relationship started off "imperfectly" with two little ones already involved in our life together. Now we're trying to work them into the wedding and find a way for it to be picture perfect, but we're not a couple of fresh-to-the-world 20 year olds anymore. Much needed dose of faith this morning, so thank you.

    -Brooke MadameAmrose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Brooke. I have felt similar, in having a kid and a wedding later. Finishing my bachelors at 26 and feeling "broken" after being diagnosed with Lupus. But there is a silver lining to it all. There is a beautiful story within your life that is being written by you each day and is ready to inspire others. Don't lose focus of that. You are not alone in this, so many can relate. I thank you for being honest this morning. It has helped me to see another side to where our ideas can hold us back or hurt us. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I love the quotes you shared :) Heavenly Father really does have a plan for EACH of us and he loves us all so much!
    Rachel
    Blonde with a Chanse

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and comments with me!