Image Map

Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year Resolution: Following God's Will

Time flies. 2013 flew. 

And while in past years I would have been beating myself up over what I didn't accomplish or coming up with ludicrous lists of things I want to complete in the next 365 days; this year something is different. 

This past January something changed in my life. I found true life. I found the Christ. I found my true identity and stability in Him. And in accepting Him as my Lord and Savior this year, I discovered that His plans for my life were much greater and better than any plan I had ever put in place. 

2013 has been absolutely amazing, and I am excited for what 2014 has in store for me.


Oh, when negative thoughts came my way this year and things didn't look the way I expected them to look, I would have normally thrown in the towel and fed into negativity. Talked about how life was unfair, and why did I have to endure this 'struggle.' But I learned that got me nowhere! In fact, I learned that I shouldn't look at the situation, because it can look bad but as long as I love God and keep Him first everything works out to my benefit!

This year I learned standing on God's word, no matter what came my way, and keeping my faith in Jesus showed me how faithful He is to me! 


For 2014, I plan to put my focus on getting more out of my relationship with Jesus. I know that He is the reason for all that I have and all that I am. 

His word shows me:

I will keep my focus on Jesus and everything that I need will be fulfilled! 
Everything I desire He will give me; everything according to His tremendous plan for me! See, ifs you seek Him first and His righteousness, all of those things will be added unto you, too!

I'm filled with joy and excitement on what I will give to God and others this coming year, and what more joy and fulfillment in my life I will receive from Him!




3 comments:

  1. Joy, peace, fulfillment/contentment are priceless gifts that God gives us when we chose to love and follow Him. I'm happy you fond the importance of having a relationship with God and now you are experiencing the life transforming values this brings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen girl! So inspiring. I need to take that same approach in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! These are great scriptures. I love that these scriptures tell us not to worry and trust that God is in charge.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and comments with me!