Image Map

Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How Of Life: A lesson in Love Part 3

Happy Sunday!
Baby Layla.

Today, we start into a new week. An exciting week for many as we are traveling to and fro and get to gather together with family and friends towards the end of the week to eat turkey! If you haven't figured it out, I am talking about Thanksgiving! :)

I love Thanksgiving, and not only because of all of the great dishes that the family whips up! I love it because its a time that all of my family can get together and just spend time being a family together. Its a time where I can truly count my blessings and this year I am going to do something I have never done on Thanksgiving. I am going to make it a point to start the day off by thanking Jesus for what He is and what He has done for me this year. 
My family.

I have so much to be thankful for, and so does each and everyone of you. Even through the good and bad times, you are still alive! You have been able to see another beautiful day in a land that God has given us authority and dominion over :) It is our choice to choose happiness, and I choose happiness and thankfulness today and everyday! No matter what life throws at you, you can declare to think positive and be happy through it all. I am thankful for that refreshed outlook on life. 

There was a time when I was depressed
and did not want to continue my life. I felt like if I left this earth it wouldn't matter. 
My problems and thoughts were drowning me. 
I felt anxiety, hurt, pain and self loathing. I felt that no matter if I took a step ahead, I was always taking so many steps backwards. I felt that nothing would ever change, so what was the point. I didn't know what to do or where to turn. I was so focused on myself and my problems that I did not see what Jesus had in store for me. 


He had a better life for me, a plan to take me from the lowest of lows and put me right on top. A plan to show me that he could be the 
WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY, and HOW in my life. 
That if I ever had a question or wanted to know the direction to go - that He could show me. 
Oh how I am thankful that He chose me. 

I now understand that I have the choice to take control of my life and situations. I do not have to dwell in negative situations or continue in darkness. 
I can do great things with Jesus. He has shown me that by showing His true and divine love to others, I can be the light in this dark world. 
By taking the focus off of me and my struggles, and lending a hand to a friend, family member, or stranger I can prosper. By allowing this life I live to not be about Jena and her plans and about Jesus and His plans - I can see everlasting life. I can show truth to others, and even when things look hard I can still continue to be a bright shining light to others. 

How many of you enjoy when someone tells you that they love you? 
Or someone does something nice and special for you, just because? 
Or in a time of need someone can have the right words to say to you, to make you feel uplifted and hopeful? 

That is what Jesus is to me. And He is showing me how to take the focus off of me and be that to others! 

Your challenge: 
I challenge each and everyone of you readers to take this challenge. 
Every time when you are feeling negative, and anxious about your problems and struggles. Every time when you find yourself getting angry or upset, or dwelling on the bad things. 
Take the focus off of you for a moment and do something nice or special for someone else. Help out that friend in need, or give of yourself or time to someone. Lend a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen. 

I promise you, it will make you realize that there is more to this life than what you see in front of you. There is a bigger picture and it all starts with love. 


Hope this is inspiring you and preparing you for a great week!

Have a good day!

-Jena

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Yes, we have SO MUCH to be thankful for, Ms. Jena! Jesus is too tough!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really enjoyed this. Keep it up. You never know who you are touching with your blog. Let the Lord use you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for writing, I'm glad you enjoyed this post!

      Delete
  3. I wrote a comment on here yesterday but it didn't show up! What in the world?!

    Anyway- great blog post Jena! So inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I started a meet and greet link up and would love for you to join http://fabulousperks.blogspot.com/p/link-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very inspiring Jena!!! Love it... wow that's amazing!!! I'm so happy for u Jena and everything that God has in store for u love :)

    Kinah

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny you posted this. The other day I was contemplating the meaning of my life. I felt real despair and prayed hard. I'm not joking with in 5 minutes, my SIL called to tell me she loved me....A lady from church called to tell me that the cards I send her mean a lot to her, and a friend messaged me on fb to tell me she didn't know what she'd do with out me. I bawled and prayed a prayer of thanks and I instantly felt better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so uplifting love the post well done !!!
    fashionattitudebyraych.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice outfit with cool blog.. am following.. hope you follow back .. http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and comments with me!