Image Map

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

WIWW + Lesson in Love 2


Happy Hump Day!

Lately I have been reminiscing on my post about having true divine love (read here). 
 At 25 weeks pregnant, I often catch myself being moody. 
I am learning that although the hormones are raging, true love doesn't have moods. It works off of principals. It suffers long - which I can say this 9 month journey to motherhood has been quite the change. However, through the journey - true divine love is still kind. 

I was shown an example of how I need to show divine love, from my hubs, A. I came home at night after hanging with my girlfriends. He woke up as I got into bed, and I started to talk to him about my fears of childbirth. He was sleeping, but at that point my pregnancy hormones were taking over and I felt as if even though he said 'everything will be okay,' that he was not being as sincere as I needed him to be.
I immediately blew up at him. Calling him rude and insincere to my feelings. Finally we talked it out, and he apologized for not truly being able to relate or understand what I am going through. The next morning, I had completely forgot about my freak out - as most women can relate! 
I'll admit sometimes we just get worked up, and the next moment we are fine :)

A called me from work as I was getting ready to leave the house to start my day. He said he just wanted to check up on me, because he felt really bad that I had felt that way and wanted to ensure me that he is always here for me no matter what. I felt horrible for the way I treated him, and apologized but he insisted he was wrong and would work on trying to understand the way I feel - even if he was dead asleep in the middle of the night...
grey/black dress. burlington. necklace. heartbreaker. studded arm band. F21.tights. TJ Maxx. Boots. Gifted.

Wow, what a great example Jesus had shown me of how true divine love works. I have often gotten angry with people over a miscommunication and held a grudge or said I will definitely not be the first one to apologize. I have wished bad things to people to hope they would feel just as crummy as I felt. I have showed my love through my emotions, versus showing an unconditional divine love built on principals like God's love. 

I am reminded again of 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love suffereth long, and is kind; Love envieth not; Love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evilRejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all thingsLove never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

What I learned and am working on is: 
Love suffers long, and is still kind - Even when things are not pretty and not going my way, still showing kindness and enduring it with a smile.  It is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil. - Being slow to react to situations that I do not like. Controlling my emotions, and not wishing bad feelings towards others.
I challenge you to do the same this week and let me know the results you get with it!


Like the look above? 
Giveaway H&M


Have a good day!
-J

11 comments:

  1. You are pregnant and beautiful.
    Awww....I don't know what it's like to have those pregnant hormones but if pms hormones are anything like that, I can totally relate. At least you notice your faults and are working on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) you look stunning

    2) how lucky are you to have found love like this?

    3) your baby will be a beauty just like you :)

    So glad to have stumbled upon your blog & thanks for sharing. Hope I one day have a man as understanding and loving as your 'A' lol

    BLEURGH
    www.say-bleurgh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Love suffers long, and is still kind." Love this!! It's so true. If you can still be kind just because you know how much you love each other even when they are driving you nuts it's a show of true love. You really have to be forgiving of each other in relationships over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are gorgeous. Just stunning and glowing!
    & your husband is heaven sent.
    Isn't it funny how love works? We spend so much time in the beginning of a relationship terrified of making a mistake lest he love you less, and eventually, as it turns out,"love suffers long, and is still kind." And that's quite beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful post and you hit the nail on the head! Such a true example of divine love. But don't feel bad we all have our moments. It's the lessons we take from them that matter.

    You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww i am just trying to take in different pregnancy experience. I heard the hormones get really crazy, but your man is so sweet, and just let you be you during this stage. Your pregnancy will go smoothly, don't be afraid. I guess the fear is just part of the process, but just try to be positive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post! And you are so cute!! Love the baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must admit, I have my mood swings more often than I'd like to admit. But I can say that I am getting better with not projecting my moods on other people. I've also noticed that even though I am going through what I'm going through, the quickest way to get out of that slump is to doing something nice or be nice to someone.

    It's okay to be scared. Pregnancy can be scary especially when you realize that you are responsible for giving birth to a human being. But find strength in that. Your strength is in realizing that you're responsible for this human being and you're going to do everything you can to give them their shot at life.

    Btw, you look gorgeous! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness! Loving the sweater dress and your lovely baby bump!!

    ❤Amanda | FEAST.FASHION.FAVES

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful and so are you, doll! I was the same way when I was pregnant and can be a bit moody even now that I'm not. I also need to work on impulsively projecting my moods on others. And it's awesome that you see this as an issue for yourself and are making great strides to work at it! Thanks for the inspiration-- I will be doing the same!

    You look so adorable with your baby bump! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts and comments with me!